[KFCF Friends] Fresno Free College Foundation 40th Anniversary Banquet

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Wed Oct 22 18:00:57 PDT 2008

FRESNO FREE COLLEGE FOUNDATION 40th ANNIVERSARY BANQUET

The Fresno Free College Foundation owns and operates KFCF-FM , 88.1 MHz.
This year we are celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Foundation.

The Foundation will be having our Annual Banquet this Sunday, October 26th,
and our special guest is Davey D., the media activist and journalist who
hosts KPFA's Hard Knock Radio.
Davey D also was featured in Pacifica Radio's Unconventional Coverage, which
covered the Republican and Democratic National Conventions this year. He
also has extensively covered issues like New Orleans and Katrina, media
consolidation, and prison issues.

He will be speaking on the issue of Media Consolidation at our banquet.

In 2000 Davey D was nominated by the Bay Area's City Flight magazine as one
of the Bay Area's Most Influential African Americans.

In 2001, Davey D was voted by the East Bay Express Newspaper as the Best On
Air Personality in the Bay Area. The daily radio show he co-hosts, Hard
Knock Radio was voted Best Radio Show in the Bay Area

Davey D is originally from the Bronx and now a native of California. He
graduated from UC Berkeley. Davey D also pens a Hip Hop/Political column for
the  <http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/entertainment/eye/4844067.htm>
San Jose Mercury News. Davey D also hosts a weekly Hip Hop/Political TV talk
show on Oakland's Soul Beat television... Davey D sits on the advisory board
for civic organizations like Black Youth Vote as well as Rock the Vote.
Davey D was also the guest curator for the Rock N-Roll Hall of Fame Hip Hop
Nation Exhibit when it came to San Francisco's Yerba Buena Center in June of
2001.

We will also be having  music by  Lance Canales, a local musician and we
will be honoring the winners of the Foundations' 2008 Free Speech Awards.

Tickets are still available by calling (559)233-2221 or by going to
<http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42725 . >
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42725 .    Please order tickets or
call and make a reservation ASAP, so we can give the caterer an accurate
count. There will be a limited number of tickets available "at the door".

Sunday, October 26th
at "Love & Garlic"
5351 N. Diana Street , Fresno , CA
(off Barstow , 1 block East of Blackstone)

Tickets are $40  per person in advance  ($45 at the door) for a  Dinner
Buffet that includes tri-tip, chicken kabobs, pumpkin ravioli, grilled
vegetables, rice pilaf, garden salad, beverages and dessert.

No host bar begins at 5:30 with music by Lance Canales, and Dinner begins at
6:00 , with our guest speaker beginning at 7:00. Following the speaker, FFCF
will present its annual Free Speech Award.

Order Banquet tickets at  <http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42725>
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42725
If you'd like to attend "Speaker Only" :
<http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42740>
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/42740

PLEASE JOIN US!

Rychard Withers

Executive Director

Fresno Free College Foundation / KFCF-FM

PO Box 4364

Fresno, CA 93744

(559)233-2221