[KFCF Friends] Foundation Election/Mailings

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Tue Nov 25 16:25:34 PST 2008

To our KFCF/FFCF Members and Subscribers:

A mailing, in the form of a postcard, went out to our members list that has
caused some confusion and consternation. The postcard came with the
Foundation's return address and logo on it. Some people who received it
thought it looked like the Foundation was endorsing a particular candidate.
Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Foundation does make its mailing list available to all candidates
running for the Foundation Board. If a candidate uses our bulk mailing
permit as well as our mailing list, Post Office rules require that the
mailing carry the return address of the Foundation. If you receive or have
received such a mailing, please be aware that the message on the campaign
material is not from the Foundation. The Foundation does not endorse any of
the candidates for the Board of Directors, nor does it campaign on behalf of
any of them.

We apologize for any confusion. The Foundation Board of Directors will be
examining this practice and may decide to discontinue it in future
elections.

Please do vote, and please get your vote in by the extended deadline of
December 15, 2008. If you believe you are a member and have not received a
ballot in the mail please contact the station at (559) 233-2221. The
reference on the postcard to requesting a ballot by November 20 was never a
policy of the Foundation and does not apply.

Thank you for your understanding.

Gerry Bill

President, Fresno Free College Foundation

Rychard Withers - Executive Director
Fresno Free College Foundation / KFCF-FM
PO Box 4364 ●  Fresno, CA 93744
(559)233-2221