[KFCF Friends] Call Congress!! Save Internet Radio

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Tue Jun 26 12:44:10 PDT 2007

The Savenetradio.org website is being overwhelmed along with
congressional switchboards today. Please take a moment and try
contacting your congressional reps.

Action Alert
Save Internet Radio CALL YOUR SENATORS AND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE NOW TO
ASK THEM TO CO-SPONSOR THE INTERNET RADIO EQUALITY ACT, S. 1353 IN THE
SENATE AND H.R. 2060 IN THE HOUSE,

The future of Internet radio is in immediate danger. Royalty rates for
webcasters have been drastically increased by a recent ruling and are
due to go into effect on July 15 (retroactive to Jan 1, 2006!). If the
increased rates remain unchanged, the majority of webcasters will go
bankrupt and silent on this date. Internet radio needs your help! The
Internet Radio Equality Act has recently been introduced in both the
House and Senate to save the Internet radio industry. Please call your
senators and your representative to ask them to co-sponsor the Internet
Radio Equality Act.

Please call the following official(s):

1.      U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein
(202) 224-3841
Washington, D.C. office
        Talking Points: 1)      I am a constituent and I'm calling to
ask Congressman/woman ________ to save Internet radio by co-sponsoring
H.R. 2060, the Internet Radio Equality Act.

                2)      The Copyright Royalty Board's decision to
increase royalty rates for webcasters is going to turn off my Internet
radio and I do NOT want that to happen. Please tell Congressman/woman
________ to co-sponsor H.R. 2060, the Internet Radio Equality Act.

                3)      I believe that artists should be fairly
compensated for the music they make, but putting my webcasters out of
business will only hurt artists more. They depend on Internet radio to
get their music out to fans and build new audiences. When the webcasters
go off the air, so do artists. Please co-sponsor H.R. 2060, the Internet
Radio Equality Act.

                4)      Internet radio is one of the only bright spots
for independent music and diversity. We NEED Internet radio. Don't turn
it off. Co-sponsor H.R. 2060, the Internet Radio Equality Act.

                5)      (If you are an artist) Internet radio enables
artists like myself to reach fans throughout the country and enjoy
exposure and airplay that we may otherwise have not received. I'm asking
you to co-sponsor H.R. 2060, the Internet Radio Equality Act.

        6.) Reasonable data reporting requirements for non-commercial
broadcasters.

2.      U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer
(202) 224-3553
[...]

3. (A)  U.S. Representative George Radanovich
(202) 225-4540
[...]

3. (B) U.S. Representative Jim Costa
(202) 225-3341
[...]

3. (C) U.S. Representative Devin Nunes
[...]