[KFCF Friends] Homelessness Marathon Volunteers

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Thu Feb 15 16:40:04 PST 2007

Dear KFCF Friends,

KFCF is the host station for the Tenth Annual Homelessness Marathon on
February 20.  It's a very exciting opportunity for KFCF to participate in
this important national radio event.  If you would like to be a part of this
historic event - we would love to have your help.  Listed below are several
tasks that are a necessary part of the production.  You don't have to work
the entire 14 hour event.  Any amount of time will be appreciated.

Here are the critical tasks:

- right now the most important need we have is for someone who can oversee a
webcam feed to our website. We don't have anyone available with the skill to
do this and it's critical.

- We'll also need some volunteers to help with set-up, starting at around 1
p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20th. This may involve setting up folding tables and
chairs, connecting power cords or gophering for last-minute needs.

- We'll need some help cleaning up starting at 6 a.m. on Wednesday the 21st.
We want to leave the church grounds as spotless as we can.

- We'll need a person or two just to generally hang around and be a Johnny
(or Janie) on the spot. This might include greeting press and directing them
to where they can plug into our audio (with the permission of our engineers,
of course) or introducing them to whoever is available to give interviews.
Or it might involve very mundane gophering, like running to the store if the
food people are out of ketchup or something.

- We'll need one person throughout to make sure that participants in the
Marathon (guests or speakers at the mic) sign a release form so their audio
and video can be used in a later production of some kind, like a video
compilation of the event.

If you want to help, please call the KFCF at 559-233-2221.  DO NOT REPLY TO
THIS EMAIL.

Many thanks from Vic and the Homelessness Marathon Crew