[KFCF Friends] Bensky Farewell

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Thu Apr 19 16:33:32 PDT 2007

KFCF Friends,

Our esteemed colleague Larry Bensky is coming to Fresno to do one last
Sunday Salon from KFCF on Sunday April 22.  The program will focus on Valley
issues and people, so we hope you tune in from 9 to 11 am.  It's only
fitting that we bid Larry a fond farewell after the show.  Friends of KFCF
are welcome to come by our Tower District studio to say good bye to one of
the great radio journalists of our time.   The  reception will commence
after the conclusion of Sunday Salon.  There will be good company and
refreshments available on the house.  The  KFCF studio is located at 1449 N.
Wishon Avenue at the southwest corner of Pine Street in the Tower District.
There is plenty of street parking in the vicinity.

Also...Coming up soon is Jeremy Scahill, award-winning reporter and author
of Blackwater:  The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army is on
national tour and will be appearing at the North Fork Town Hall on Saturday
May 5 beginning at 6 pm.  Tickets are available at the Movies at 1435 N. Van
Ness or by calling our office at 559-233-2221.

**  By the way -  Jeremy will be on the "Daily Show with Jon Stewart"
Thursday (tonight).