[KFCF Friends] KFCF Updates

subs at mail.kfcf.org subs at mail.kfcf.org
Fri Jan 14 17:35:24 PST 2005

As of late Friday afternoon, the KFCF transmitter is repaired, in place
and running at almost full power. Some additional equipment at the
transmitter site was damaged according to preliminary reports, but we
did have backup equipment for that piece of equipment.  The generator at
the transmitter site has also been repaired and tested.  The generator's
fuel tank has been refilled.  With fingers crossed,  I'll say that most
listeners should hear us now.

Hopefully we can now get back to doing great radio that people can
hear.  Pacifica recently got an email (at the bottom of this email)
about the new Pacifica affiliate in St Louis that is internet based.
This is the type of letter that makes it all worthwhile. I thought
everyone might enjoy the email, so I've included it at the end of this
message.

In other news, here's some updates on what you can expect to hear in the
next week in the way of special programming:

*Tuesday, January 18, 2005 *
 6 am - 3pm
Pacifica National Coverage -- Condoleeza Rice Confirmation Hearings
Time: 6:00 A.M. - 9:00 A.M hearing.
Break Show, listener calls, guest experts
11 A.M. - 2:00 P.M hearing
2:00 P.M. - 3:00P.M. Aftershow with listener call-ins

10pm - midnight
Pacifica National Coverage -- Execution of Donald Jay Beardslee (tentative)
* Wednesday, January 19, 2005 *
 12:01am-12:30am
KPFA News Coverage-- Execution of Donald Jay Beardslee (tentative)
 6 am - 3pm
Condoleeza Rice Confirmation Hearings

*Wednesday, January 19, 2005*
Secretary of State Nomination - Condoleeza Rice - Part II
Time: 6:00 A.M. - 9:00 A.M.
Break Show, listener calls, guest experts
11:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M. hearing
2:00 P.M. - 3:00 P.M. Aftershow with listener call-ins

* __Thursday, January 20, 2005 *
 6am-6pm
Pacifica National Coverage -- Presidential Inauguration

Pacifica's "Fight for Democracy" Day Long Programming
6am - 8am  WPFW-Pacifica Washington DC
Anchor: Ambrose Lane - Multinational corporate control of the
government, class struggle

8am - 10am Inaugural and CounterInaugural
10am - 12pm  WBAI-Pacifica NYC
Anchor:Robert Knight  - Bush's policies on Africa, civil rights at home,

12pm - 2pm
KPFA-Pacifica Berkeley  Anchor: Andrea Lewis
Bush and the Economy

2pm - 4pm KPFK-Pacifica Los Angeles
TBA

4pm - 6pm
KPFT-Pacifica Houston
First hour is a humorous look at the day.
Second hour is Flashpoints live from the SF demonstration,

Email  recently received by Pacifica: