[KFCF Friends] Reminder -- Vote For Change Concert

subs at mail.kfcf.org subs at mail.kfcf.org
Mon Oct 11 14:13:03 PDT 2004

HI all, just a final reminder that the MoveOn PAC "Vote For Change"
concert finale will be aired on KFCF *TONIGHT* at 8 p.m. 'til midnight.
Here's what's in store:

Final Vote for Change Concert--Live Broadcast
KFCF Community Radio 88.1 FM - webstreaming at www.KFCF.org and www.KPFA.org
Monday, Oct 11 8 p.m. PDT

Featuring Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam, Bonnie Raitt, REM, Dave
Matthews, Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Sheryl Crow, John
Mellencamp, Dixie Chicks and others.

The final "Vote for Change" concert in Washington, DC sold out in
just 30 minutes.

Fresno's KFCF and Berkeley's KPFA will broadcast this 3-1/2 hour concert
in its entirety on 88.1 FM in Central California and at www.KFCF.org,
beginning at 8 p.m. PDT on Monday, October 11.

Thirteen acts will perform at the show in the US capitol on October
11 to urge voters to vote in the November.   "The upcoming election
provides everyone an opportunity to change the direction our country
is headed and to elect a government that is just, rational and
respectful of the views and rights of the people it serves," said
Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam.

This event caps a series of 34 performances over 11 days across
US.   The concert series was created by a handful of artists seeking
a way to make a difference in this year's elections and is a joint
production of MoveOn.org and America Coming Together.

Concert highlights include Bruce Springsteen's solo performance
of "The Star Spangled Banner," the Dixie Chicks' "Travelin' Soldier"
and R.E.M.'s "Final Straw".

"The power of music is coming to Washington to liven the political
debate about the need to change the direction of our country. This
will be the grand finale to inspire and reinvigorate the democratic
political world before we head into the final weeks of the
campaign," said Ellen Malcolm, President of ACT.

"This finale concert will clearly be a historic event, and we're
honored and grateful to be presenting it with so many world-renowned
artists," said Eli Pariser, Executive Director of MoveOn PAC. "After
four years of deficits, layoffs, and war, this call for new
leadership will signal to millions of Americans that on November
2nd, they need to get out and vote for change."

Also appearing will be Keb' Mo', Ben Harper & The Innocent, Jurassic
5 and Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds.

More info about the Vote For Change concert tour can be found at
moveonpac.org <http://www.moveonpac.org/vfc/>