[KFCF Friends] Representing to KPFA

subs at mail.kfcf.org subs at mail.kfcf.org
Tue Mar 2 01:39:39 PST 2004

With passage of the new Pacifica Bylaws, KFCF has regained official
representation to the KPFA Local Station Board as an Associate Station.

I've been elected by the Fresno Free College Foundation board to take on
that duty, and will post reports from KPFA and Pacifica board meetings
to you as quickly as possible. I attended my first meeting last weekend,
and am assigned to KPFA's programming and outreach committees. If you
have any concerns about those areas specifically, or other issues you
want relayed to KPFA in general, please feel free to let me know. It's
my job to represent you in that. I'll pass on my own report as soon as I
get my notes written up.

I can be contacted at:
SatrnGrl at sbcglobal.net

We have waited a long time to get our official voice back at KPFA. The
newly-election Local Station Board at KPFA, as well as the newly-elected
Pacifica National Board, have been a long time in coming. Let's not take
this historic establishement of the first democratized national network,
of which we all had a hand in demanding, for granted.

Debbie Speer
FFCF secretary/associate station representative