[KFCF Friends] KFCF update: Marathon, Banquet and LAB

subs-admin@kfcf.org subs-admin@kfcf.org
Fri Nov 9 14:24:59 2001

Friday Afternoon 11-9-01

Just a quick note of thanks to all those who have phoned in during our
pledge drive. We're about halfway to our goal, and we appreciate the
support. We hope those of you who haven't been able to call your pledge yet,
will take a chance to do so.

The Fresno Free College Foundation/KFCF Banquet is tonight and our guest
will be Carol Spooner, lead plaintiff in the listener's lawsuit against the
Pacifica National Board. Also, we'll be presenting our Annual Free Speech
Awards to the GAP 19 and  Amy Goodman. Amy won't be here in person to accept
the award but she did record a message for us. I believe we're past the
point of accepting  any more dinner RSVPs, but thanks to all of those
attending. We plan on taping tonight and will broadcast it soon.

And finally, the KPFA Local Advisory Board will be meeting in Fresno this
Saturday. The KPFA Local Advisory Board will be meeting on November 10 at
the Sarah McCardle Room at approximately 1:00PM. The public is welcome.

Thanks
Rych Withers