[KFCF Friends] Program Notes

subs@kfcf.org subs@kfcf.org
Tue Jul 3 13:40:01 2001

Dear KFCF Friends,

KFCF is happy to present two programming veterans who are back on our
airwaves - William Mandel and Jim Cypher. Both expert analysts will be
apprearing regularly on Marc Scalzo's program "Valley Politics and Labor"
which appears on Mondays from 3:30 to 4 pm.

William Mandel hosted the program "Soviet Press and Periodicals" for decades
on KPFA and became a programming institution.  For the past few years he has
appeared occasionally on the air from KPFA studios, but now Mandel's vast
store of knowledge and experience regarding Soviet and American
social/political affairs will be heard by KFCF listeners on the second
Monday of every month.

Jim Cypher is a Professor in the Economics Department at CSUF who was a
regular guest for years on the KPFA program "Shouting Out with Mama O'Shea".
Now Jim Cypher will be providing his economic analysis of our region, the
nation, and the world every fourth Monday on Scalzo's program.  We welcome
both of these long-time programmers back to the KFCF program lineup.  We
know that listeners will appreciate their information, views and insights.
Vic Bedoian
KFCF
(559)233-2221
PO Box 4364