[KFCF Friends] Marc Scalzo

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Mon Mar 9 16:54:39 PST 2009

KFCF Friends,
KFCF lost a friend and a member of our Board of Directors this last week.
Marc Scalzo died at age 50, after a sudden hospitalization. Marc had been
around KFCF for a number of years and was one of the founders of the show
"Valley Politics" which later morphed into "Valley Black Talk".  Marc had
been listening to KFCF since he was a student at Fresno State in the late
1970s, and was a strong supporter of the Foundation and KFCF. Marc worked as
a union organizer, ran political campaigns, was a city councilman and mayor
in Madera for much of the late 1980s. He also ran political polling and
often went in and cleaned up government departments in small towns
throughout California when they needed someone to repair the planning
department or whatever government agency that was floundering.

Marc served on the Fresno Free College Foundation Board for the last three
years, and was an advocate of transparency and openness.  I had a chance to
work with Marc and hear about the political machine, and hear about corrupt
developers, water interests, and problems he saw in the Madera School Board.
He will be missed, and there will be a mass for him this coming Thursday,
March 12th at 1 PM at S. Joachim Church in Madera.

  <http://www.kfcf.us/index.38.jpg>

Rychard Withers - Executive Director
Fresno Free College Foundation / KFCF-FM
PO Box 4364 ●  Fresno, CA 93744
(559)233-2221