[KFCF Friends] KFCF Mid December Newsletter

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Fri Dec 19 16:23:31 PST 2008

Holiday Greetings,
Wow, the end of 2008 is just around the corner!  It's amazing how fast time
flies.  I hope everyone has a great Holiday Season whether you're
celebrating Kwanzaa, New Years, Christmas, Festivus, Hanukkah, or even the
changing of administrations. I wish the best for you and yours.
-Rychard Withers - Executive Director - Fresno Free College
Foundation/KFCF-FM

And now the news:

YEAR END DONATIONS:

If you'd like to make a year end donation to KFCF you can send it to KFCF at
PO Box 4364  Fresno, CA 93744 or make a donation by debit or credit card
online at www.kfcf.org . You can use the KFCF on-line payment to make a
donation or to renew your subscription. Donations are tax-deductible as
allowed by law.

Donations of $25 or more entitle you to membership in The Fresno Free
College Foundation, which owns and operates KFCF. Membership allows you
voting rights in electing Directors to the Board, a copy of the FFCF Annual
Report, warm fuzzy feelings about being a listener-supporter who is keeping
KFCF alive and growing.

I'd like to send out a huge thanks to all those who have contributed to KFCF
and the Foundation over the last year. Right now we are working on raising
money to complete the installation of the back-up transmitter, buy a new
audio board for KFCF (the current one is 35 years old, which is something
like 120 in human years), soundproofing for our studio and control rooms,
and to pay for federally mandated Department of Homeland Security Emergency
Alert System equipment. So if you need a tax write-off , or just feel the
need to help us out, we thank you in advance.

KFCF SURVEY

We'd like to know what you think of KFCF and KPFA's programming. We have an
on-line survey at
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=cnqQiDZIaNW9tH1bWoNnaQ_3d_3d .  If you
haven't taken the survey, it'll only take a few minutes and you can skip any
question you don't want to answer. If you know someone without internet
access who'd like to take the survey, they can call us, and we can send it
out by snail mail for them. The KFCF office number is (559)233-2221.

FREE SPEECH RADIO

Got something to say? Call the KFCF "Rant" line at (559) 2-RANTS-8
(272-6878) and leave a message (it might take a few rings to answer.) The
best comments will be used on the air. Have fun, and be creative!

SLEEPING BAG PROJECT

The Foundation's Sleeping Bag Project is collecting sleeping bags and
blankets for the homeless, and the need is greater than ever. So whether
you're donating new, used, or scouring the local thrift stores, your
donation is really appreciated by those in need. Drop off points include the
KFCF offices at 1449 N Wishon during business hours (9 AM - 12 N and 1 PM- 4
PM M-F) and the Fresno Universal Unitarian Church and the Wesley United
Methodist Church in Fresno. For more info call (559)438-4088 or visit
http://www.sleepingbagproject.org .

GOODSEARCH

GOODSEARCH - Benefits KFCF and Fresno Free College Foundation.
http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=874596

If you use the Goodsearch web search engine, they will donate a penny per
search to KFCF and the Fresno Free College Foundation.

That is the concept behind GoodSearch.com a new search engine powered by
Yahoo!  GoodSearch donates 50% of its revenue, approximately a penny per
search, to the charities designated by its users.  You use it exactly as you
would any other search engine and the pennies add up quickly - just 500
people searching four times a day will earn around $7,300 in a year.  It
doesn't cost the users anything! So far this year we've raised over $7.00
!!!!

PEOPLE ARE LISTENING TO KFCF

You may have seen the KFCF ads in the UnderCurrent or Community Alliance or
heard the on-air promos about "People Are Listening to KFCF" featuring fans
and listeners. If you're interested in letting people know how much you like
KFCF, write about 40 seconds of comments, and contact Rych Withers at
rwithers at kfcf.org or call (559)233-2221 to arrange to record your comments
and get your photo taken. If you have a favorite radio you'd like in the
picture with you, feel free to bring it!

KFCF EVENTS - AUDIO

Two recent Foundation/KFCF events had great speakers, and we've taken the
audio and put it on the KFCF web site. If you didn't hear Davey D from KPFA
on media consolidation, or hear Former UN weapons inspector Scott Ritter,
you missed some great speeches.

 If you'd like to listen to them, the Davey D speech is at
http://www.kfcf.us/audio/2008BANQUET.m3u?server=www.kfcf.org
<http://www.kfcf.us/audio/2008BANQUET.m3u?server=www.kfcf.org&port=80&mount=
/audio/2008BANQUET.mp3> &port=80&mount=/audio/2008BANQUET.mp3  and the Scott
Ritter Speech is at
http://www.kfcf.us/audio/ritterspeech.m3u?server=www.kfcf.org
<http://www.kfcf.us/audio/ritterspeech.m3u?server=www.kfcf.org&port=80&mount
=/audio/ritterspeech.mp3> &port=80&mount=/audio/ritterspeech.mp3  .

KPFA/KFCF Program Listings

The KFCF website is regularly updated with news of special programs, and
listings for your favorites from KPFA and KFCF. However, getting radio
producers to submit listings is like trying to herd cats without a can
opener. I feel like an old geezer, when I find myself muttering "In the old
days they had to submit program listings for The Folio Program Guide at
least 60 days before the cover date."  However, as I do get listings, I
update them, sometimes several times a day. Check KFCF's website at
www.kfcf.org for program listings.