[KFCF Friends] FFCF Elections

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Wed Oct 17 17:11:31 PDT 2007

2007 FFCF Elections - Candidate Deadline Extended to 10/23

The election season for the Foundation is around the corner.  FFCF
membership is required to participate, and membership is open to people who
are at least 16 years of age and donate at least $25 to KFCF or the
Foundation.  To vote in this election, or to become a candidate for
election, one must have become a member or renewed membership by August 31,
2007.

You have an important role to play in the next three months and our
democratic institution can't work without you.  As you have probably heard
via on-air announcements, four positions on our governing Board of Directors
are up for election, and we need all of you to participate.  Here are some
things you can do to help:

  Think about becoming a candidate for our Board of Directors. Last election
we only had three candidates running for three positions. For democracy to
really work we need multiple candidates to choose from.

To entice more candidates FFCF has extended the deadline for applications to
Tuesday, October 23.  There is an application form online or we can email an
application to you.

Here is the election schedule in brief:

August 31, 2007        Deadline for FFCF membership for voting or becoming a
candidate

September 1, 2007    Opening of the six-week window for nomination of
candidates

October 23, 2007      Candidate applications due in office by 5 pm

October 30, 2007      Ballots mailed to voting membership

November 1, 2007     Beginning of voting by mail for FFCF Members

November 30, 2007   End of voting period

In order to have a valid election, our bylaws, and state law require that at
least 20% of the members vote.   So please exercise your rights to
participate in one of the few independent media outlets remaining.  It's our
democratic institution:  USE IT OR LOSE IT!