[KFCF Friends] KFCF operating at reduced power

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Sun Nov 25 01:35:13 PST 2007

A part in the KFCF transmitter has burned up and we are operating at 15% of
normal power. Unfortunately, this happened during Thanksgiving week, making
it difficult to find parts.
The replacement parts should be here Monday or Tuesday and hopefully we can
resume operation at full power shortly thereafter.

Earlier this year, KVPR, Valley Public Radio, generously donated to us a
used transmitter when they upgraded their transmitter. That will allow us to
use that transmitter as a backup transmitter. We have been working on
installing that transmitter over the last few weeks, and had been able to
install a switching system, dummy load (about $5,000 worth of equipment) and
get the building ready to move the transmitter inside, and complete wiring,
tuning and testing the backup transmitter.

Unfortunately, we did not get that project finished before this happened, so
we will be at reduced power for a few days. We hope to finish the back-up
transmitter project by early to mid-December.  The backup transmitter will
mean more reliability for KFCF staying on the air at full power, and allow
us to maintain and service the main transmitter while remaining on the air.

Again, our thanks to KVPR for their generous donation, and our apologies for
the weaker signal.

Rychard Withers
President
Fresno Free College Foundation /KFCF