[KFCF Friends] Fundraiser for KFCF Transmitter

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Tue Mar 28 16:03:51 PST 2006

Hey Folks - the good people at the South Valley Peace Center are putting on
a shindig to raise $$$ for the KFCF Transmitter Fund in Visalia.  Join in on
an evening of fun with friends and neighbors to help us back to full power.

AN EVENING WITH UNCLE BILL

FUNDRAISER FOR KFCF, 88.1FM

You may be aware of the painful fact that KFCF has suffered lightning damage
to its transmitter and is only able to broadcast at a very low power these
days. This is a disaster for those of us in the South Valley who are
devotees of listener-sponsored free-speech radio.

They need to raise $20,000 for a back-up transmitter, and here is your
chance to donate and have a great evening as well! Come one, come all!

Donations of good stuff for White Elephant Auction welcomed.

Suggested donation $20. adults; $5. young ( 11- 17) , under 11 free. No one
turned away for lack of funds!

Free copy of Uncle Bill's latest book of "pomes: "The Giant Catfish of Brady
Lake"( Rated PG) with donation of $20. or more.

Where: Visalia Friends Meetinghouse,17208 Ave.296, Visalia - Sponsored by
the South Valley Peace Center

When : Friday, April 7, 6-10 P.M.

What: 6 PM to 7:30 PM : BBQ ( to die for) by our own Graciela Martinez. +
Potluck

7:30 PM: Magic Show : Uncle Bill and Boswell

8:00 PM : Poetry Reading from the " Giant Catfish" - Uncle Bill + open mike
for poets, musicians , stand-up comedians, songleaders, funny little kids
that fall on the floor and make everyone laugh, etc. Bring kazoos,
tambourines, anything! Expect to sing along ?.

9: 00 PM: or after we run out of entertainment: Golden Oldies Dance Dance
Dance. Come and cut a rug with some oldies but goodies from the 1940's
through the 1970s. Remember The Andrews Sisters? Creedence? Karen Carpenter?
Glenn Miller? Les Paul? The Champs?

9:30 PM or thereabouts: Silent White Elephant auction ends. Door prize
drawing ( we can use donations that - anyone know a restaurant that would
donate a dinner for two?)

10:PM Good Night Ladies! Don't forget your shoes!

Saundra Sturdevant's exhibit of photographs involving migrant workers and
pesticides will be up for a preview in the Solarium. Grand Opening on
Saturday.

More information: 782-9265