[KFCF Friends] KFCF Transmitter

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Fri Mar 3 15:48:39 PST 2006

12 Noon  March 3, 2006

The KFCF transmitter was off the air this morning and KFCF is currently
operating at reduced power.

I just got off the phone with Randy Stover. The KFCF transmitter has
died as a serious snow storm rolled into the Meadow Lakes transmitter
site making it somewhat difficult to get there.  Luckily former
FFCF/KFCF Board Member Leni Reeve's husband Barry was at home and lives
across the street from Meadow Lakes and was able to go over and inspect
things.  He found the transmitter was not able to restart, but Randy
walked him thru putting the exciter on the air directly and we are on
with 30 watts (75 watts ERP) compared to our normal 1000 watts (2400
watts ERP).  [The exciter makes the signal and the transmitter is a big
amplifier].

A repair party will be sent to the transmitter site, but I don't have
any details as to when that is going to happen yet.

**Thanks,**

**Rychard E. Withers**