[KFCF Friends] KFCF Transmitter

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Wed Apr 5 15:19:28 PDT 2006

Hello KFCF Friends,

Here is an update on the state of our transmitter and upcoming events:

So far we have raised $6000 toward our goal of $20,000 for the KFCF
Transmitter Fund.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Keep it coming.
Right now we're still operating at low power.  Thanks to emergency repairs
we have a better signal now than in a while.  Our new transmitter has been
ordered.  Thanks for your patience.  Coming up this weekend are two
fundraising events that will be fun and informative.

Evening with Uncle Bill - Fundraiser for KFCF 88.1 FM

What:  BBQ & Potluck Dinner, Magic Show, Poetry, Music, White Elephant
Auction, and Much More
When:  Friday, April 7, 6-10 P.M
Where:  Visalia Friends Meetinghouse, 17208 Ave.296, Visalia

You may be aware of the painful fact that KFCF has suffered lightning damage
to its transmitter and is only able to broadcast at a very low power these
days. This is a disaster for those of us in the South Valley who are
devotees of listener-sponsored free-speech radio. They need to raise $20,000
for a state-of-the-art back-up transmitter, and here is your chance to
donate and have a great evening as well! Come one, come all! Donations of
good stuff for White Elephant Auction welcomed.

6 PM to 7:30 PM : BBQ ( to die for) by our own Graciela Martinez + Potluck

7:30 PM: Magic Show : Uncle Bill and Boswell

8:00 PM : Poetry Reading from the " Giant Catfish" - Uncle Bill + open mike
for poets, musicians , stand-up comedians, songleaders, funny little kids
that fall on the floor and make everyone laugh, etc. Bring kazoos,
tambourines, anything! Expect to sing along.

9: 00 PM or after we run out of entertainment: Golden Oldies Dance Dance
Dance. Come and cut a rug with some oldies but goodies from the 1940's
through the 1970s. Remember The Andrews Sisters? Credence? Karen Carpenter?
Glenn Miller? Les Paul? The Champs?

9:30 PM or thereabouts: Silent White Elephant auction ends. Door prize
drawing (we can use donations that - anyone know a restaurant that would
donate a dinner for two?)

10:PM: Good Night Ladies! Don't forget your shoes!

For more information call Uncle Bill at 559-782-9265.

An Evening with Aaron Glantz, author of How America Lost Iraq

Aaron Glantz is back in Fresno with a brilliant overview of the situation in
Iraq and how it got that way.  It's on Saturday April 8, 2006 at 7 pm, and
it is a fundraiser to benefit the KFCF Transmitter Fund.  Aaron is on the
book tour of the paperback edition of How America Lost Iraq.

The event will take place at the Unitarian Church, 4144 N. Millbrook Avenue.

Tickets are available at the Movies Video Shop, 1435 N. Van Ness/233-8346 in
Fresno's Tower District.  Tickets are sliding scale $5 to $7.  Refreshments
will be available.