[KFCF Friends] WWOZ radio N'awlins Comes To KFCF/FFCF Banquet!

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Thu Oct 27 22:28:18 PDT 2005

Hi all,
As you know, the Fresno Free College Foundation is holding its annual
banquet Friday night at Love and Garlic, featuring keynoter David
Barsamian of Alternative Radio fame. We've just learned today that we'll
have another special guest -- a caravan from community radio station
WWOZ in New Orleans -- internationally known as NOLA's "Jazz and
Heritage Station." Their station got knocked out by Hurricane Katrina
but yet they managed to get a webcast version up and running from Baton
Rouge, and have been heavily involved in efforts to support displaced
musicians in the city, in addition to trying to just get back on the air
in New Orleans. Their website has been an information clearinghouse for
residents, artists and those who care about them since within a day of
Katrina.

Having these fine people, who are working so valiantly to preserve New
Orleans culture let alone supporting the displaced of the city, in
Fresno and agreeing to drop by the banquet is a rare privilege and I
encourage those who have not yet committed to attend to give some
thought to coming out not only to support KFCF, but WWOZ and the
citizens, artists and culture of New Orleans. No doubt they will have
stories to tell.

For more information please see:
http://www.wwoz.org

and banquet info at:
http://www.kfcf.org

Hope to see y'all there. There are a limited number of banquet / dinner
tickets available at the door, and reduced admission for the program only.

Debbie Speer
FFCF VP