[KFCF Friends] KFCF SPECIAL PROGRAMMING: The Pacifica Radio Archives

KFCF Subscribers & Friends list subs at mail.kfcf.org
Sun Dec 4 01:15:26 PST 2005

KFCF will broadcast the special one day fund raiser to support the
Pacifica Radio Archives on Tuesday, December 6, 2005 from 4 AM to 10 PM.

The full schedule is available at:
http://www.pacificaradioarchives.org/05funddrive/kfcf.html

There will be a lot of great programming, and here are a few highlights:

    Live Music

Tune in for live music performed exclusively for this broadcast by
outstanding contemporary artists Rickie Lee Jones, Little Willie G. y
Sus Tamaleros, Michelle Shocked, Wendy Waldman and Sheila Nicholls
<http://www.essexgirl.com/sheilanicholls>!

We're also featuring historic live-to-tape recordings from our
collection and a phone appearance by Buffy Sainte-Marie ... and some
other treats.

http://www.pacificaradioarchives.org/05funddrive/music.htmlhttp://www.pacificaradioarchives.org/05funddrive/music.html

    Civil Rights

We'll devote five hours of our fund drive to civil rights
programming---both archival tape and live appearances.

http://www.pacificaradioarchives.org/05funddrive/rights.html

    The War and Peace Broadcast: 35th Anniversary

At 7:15 p.m. on December 2, 1970, as the Vietnam war raged, WBAI in New
York kicked off a broadcast unique in radio history: Leo Tolstoy's *War
and Peace* read in its entirety by a star-studded cast. The special
continued for the next four and one half days, stopping only for music
breaks and nightly reports on the war.

On December 6 we'll feature four hours of programming to celebrate the
35th-anniversary of this historic broadcast. You'll hear excerpts from
the 1970 production, interviews with the original producers, new
readings performed specifically for this broadcast, and a lot more.

http://www.pacificaradioarchives.org/05funddrive/war.html

There will be premiums available for those who pledge support. 100% of
your donations will go to preserving and supporting the Pacifica Radio
Archives, a valuable national resource.

There are over 40,000 tapes and programs available from the archive at
http://pacificaradioarchives.org/index.html

Enjoy!

KFCF