[KFCF Friends] Programming specials - Haiti and Elections

subs at mail.kfcf.org subs at mail.kfcf.org
Mon Mar 1 15:39:28 PST 2004

FLASHPOINTS SPECIAL 5 PM:
Tonight  (March 1, 2004) on a special national edition of Flashpoints, the Anatomy of a Coup and the Kidnapping of a President. We'll devote the entire show to the US-led de-stabilization of Haiti and the overthrow of President Jean-Bertrand Aristide. Featuring:

Reports from Flashpoints correspondent Kevin Pina in Port-au-Prince, where supporters of President Aristide are under attack and in hiding.

Interviews with:
Hazel Ross-Robinson, a close friend of the Aristides,
Former Senior Analyst for Ron Dellums,
The House Arms Services Committee, who has been in close contact for the last several weeks.
Ira Kurzban, General Counsel to Haiti and the Aristides

And an interview with a young activist who worked with Haitian orphans to set up a radio station that was destroyed today by anti-Aristide thugs as US Marines stood by and watched ...plus more.

SUPER TUESDAY SPECIAL COVERAGE

Pacifica Radio Coast to Coast Election Coverage Tuesday March 2

10-pm to Midnight Eastern Time
7pm-9pm Pacific Time
9pm- 11 pm Central Time

Tune in to hear a progressive take on the results of what is touted as the most important political primary night in the campaign season. Join Washington Bureau Chief Verna Avery-Brown and one time Presidential candidate and analyst Ron Daniels of the Center for Constitutional Rights for state-by-state coverage from Bethesda to Berkeley.

Pacifica National Affairs Correspondent Larry Bensky, reporting live from Berkeley, will provide play-by-play updates with contextual analysis of what it all means to progressives desperately hoping to nominate a candidate that is assured to unseat Bush.

WBAI Morning Host Robert Knight will analyze the results in New York's significant primary prize and discuss the "Haiti factor" in this election. Reporters fanned out across the country in all ten Super Tuesday states will be on hand with live one-on-one coverage with the candidates.

  - FSRN / Mitch Jesserich, reports on the gay marriage ban

  - KFAI / Ann Alquist, the conservative trend in Minneapolis

  - WRFG/ Wanique Shabazz in Georgia and the confederate flag flap

  - WCPN/ Kathy Schaefer, gay Republican who turned Democrat

Of course we willl bring you sound from the camps of Senators John Kerry and John Edwards, live interviews with Representative Dennis Kucinich and former Representative Cynthia Mckinney, who is seeking to reclaim her seat come November. We will keep Al Sharpton and Ralph Nader in our sites for reaction to the nights events and update you on little known ballot issues such as Mendocino County's ban on sales of genetically modified foods, Wal-Mart&.and much, much more.