[KFCF Friends] FFCF/KFCF Election Results

subs at mail.kfcf.org subs at mail.kfcf.org
Fri Dec 10 23:08:45 PST 2004

Results are pasted below for those who would just as soon skip my gushing about a very successful election:

Congratulations and many thanks to all the candidates. And a big thank
you to the members, who have just effectively tripled the membership of
the Fresno Free College Foundation by passing the bylaw question this
year. Well done.

The top four vote-getters will serve 3-year terms on the FFCF Board of Directors. The candidate pool this year was exceptional, and my personal thanks go to all of these very committed people.

The bylaw amendment passage means that all subscribers over $25 per year are now automatically members of the Fresno Free College, and are no longer required to submit applications in order to become voting members. Without pulling out the calculator, voter turnout was roughly 20 percent to 25 percent, at least double the minimum quorum and about 5 to 10 times higher than that of the average nonprofit.

Thanks again, everyone.

--Debbie Speer
FFCF Secretary/Election Committee Chair

To:  Debbie Speer, FFCF Election Committee
From:  Vic Bedoian

Ballots for the election for FFCF Board of Directors have been
tabulated by
election proctor Sharmayne Sikora, CPA.  The results are as follows:

Sue Kern        145
Mark Hernandez	134
Gerry Bill      132
Ali Rezapour	122