[KFCF Friends] Update - Feb 13, 2003

subs-admin@kfcf.org subs-admin@kfcf.org
Thu Feb 13 13:04:01 2003

------=_NextPart_000_22AC_01C2D360.08A5F410

    A lot of exciting things are happening with KFCF and the Fresno Free =
College Foundation.

    Today we began the Winter 2003 Marathon, and there is a lot of great =
programming ahead, including coverage of the You Can't March But You Can =
Rally in New York this Saturday along with Iraq Teach In from Dennis =
Bernstein. Sunday will feature coverage of the San Francisco Rally and =
March. Plus coverage of the New Music America Festival with a tribute to =
Lou Harrison, a Grateful Dead Day and much, much more.  For a schedule =
of Marathon programming see www.kfcf.org .  (Of course if we go to war, =
this is all subject to change to cover as needed.)

    KFCF billboards and busboards promoting Democracy Now! The War and =
Peace Report should be hitting the streets next week. Hopefully this =
will help educate more people about KFCF and our programming. We =
narrowly averted the City of Fresno refusing to run the ads on Fresno =
transit buses. Only after a number of meetings did the City agree that =
it was a Free Speech issue and decide to reverse their initial refusal =
of the ads. Thanks to all who contributed to funding this effort to =
promote KFCF.

    Thanks to everyone who showed up at the new KFCF studio open house =
in late January.  The new studio is getting a lot of use, and =
programmers are producing programs, training , and keeping the studio =
busy. We've added the KFCF Calendar to our air and we are working on =
expanding how often it runs. If you have items for the calendar, send =
them to: calendar@kfcf.org .

    KFCF Board and staff members will be among those carrying our =
"Democracy Now! The War and Peace Report"/KFCF Banner at Peace Corner =
(Shaw and Blackstone) this Friday evening (Feb 14) from 4:30 to 6:30 PM. =
 We'll also be at the Peace Rally and March on Saturday beginning at 12 =
noon in front of the Tower Theatre (Olive and Wishon). Come and join us.

    Upcoming events: Larry Bensky and Waddama will appear in a KFCF =
benefit at North Fork's Town Hall on March 15. (Larry Bensky's Sunday =
Salon will originate from Fresno on Sunday morning).  More info on this =
soon.

    KFCF is looking for people who would like to join us in the Mardi =
Gras Parade on Sunday March 2nd at 1 PM in the Tower District. If you =
would be interested in joining the KFCF Krewe send an e-mail to : =
office@kfcf.org

------=_NextPart_000_22AC_01C2D360.08A5F410

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A lot of =
exciting things=20
are happening with KFCF and the Fresno Free College=20
Foundation.</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Today we began the=20
<STRONG>Winter 2003 Marathon</STRONG>, and there is a lot of great =
programming=20
ahead, including coverage of the You Can't March But You Can =
<STRONG>Rally in=20
New York</STRONG> this Saturday along with Iraq Teach In from Dennis=20
Bernstein.&nbsp;Sunday will feature coverage of the <STRONG>San =
Francisco Rally=20
and March</STRONG>. Plus coverage of the <STRONG>New Music America=20
Festival</STRONG> with a tribute to Lou Harrison, a <STRONG>Grateful =
Dead=20
Day</STRONG> and much, much more.&nbsp; For a schedule of Marathon =
programming=20
see <A href=3D"http://www.kfcf.org">www.kfcf.org</A> .&nbsp; (Of course =
if we go=20
to war, this is all subject to change to cover as needed.)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; KFCF billboards and =
busboards=20
promoting <STRONG>Democracy Now! The War and Peace Report</STRONG> =
should be=20
hitting the streets next week. Hopefully this will help educate more =
people=20
about KFCF and our programming. We narrowly averted the City of Fresno =
refusing=20
to run the ads on Fresno transit buses. Only after a number of meetings =
did the=20
City agree that it was a Free Speech issue and decide to reverse their =
initial=20
refusal of the ads. Thanks to all who contributed to funding this effort =
to=20
promote KFCF.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks to everyone =
who showed up=20
at the new KFCF studio open house in late January.&nbsp; The new studio =
is=20
getting a lot of use, and programmers are producing programs, training , =
and=20
keeping the studio busy. We've added the <STRONG>KFCF Calendar</STRONG> =
to our=20
air and we are working on expanding how often it runs. If you have items =
for the=20
calendar, send them to: <A =
href=3D"mailto:calendar@kfcf.org">calendar@kfcf.org</A>=20
.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; KFCF Board and staff =
members=20
will be among those carrying our <STRONG>"Democracy Now! The War and =
Peace=20
Report"/</STRONG>KFCF Banner at Peace Corner (Shaw and Blackstone) this =
Friday=20
evening (Feb 14) from 4:30 to 6:30 PM.&nbsp; We'll also be at the Peace =
Rally=20
and March on Saturday beginning at 12 noon in front of the Tower Theatre =
(Olive=20
and Wishon). Come and join us.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
<U><EM><STRONG>Upcoming=20
events</STRONG></EM></U>: <STRONG>Larry Bensky and Waddama</STRONG> will =
appear=20
in a KFCF benefit at North Fork's Town Hall on March 15. (Larry=20
Bensky's&nbsp;Sunday Salon will originate from Fresno on Sunday =
morning).&nbsp;=20
More info on this soon.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; KFCF is looking for =
people who=20
would like to join us in the <STRONG>Mardi Gras Parade</STRONG> on =
Sunday March=20
2nd at 1 PM in the Tower District. If you would be interested in joining =
the=20
KFCF Krewe send an e-mail to : <A=20
href=3D"mailto:office@kfcf.org">office@kfcf.org</A></FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_22AC_01C2D360.08A5F410--