[KFCF Friends] Lobbying to Save Pacifica

subs@kfcf.org subs@kfcf.org
Tue May 15 16:56:00 2001

ACTION ALERT FROM KFCF

Dear KFCF Fans,

An effort is under way to lobby the California Legislature to take action on
the crisis at Pacifica Radio.On May 16th several folks from the KPFA
Local Advisory Board and KFCF will be in Sacramento to lobby on behalf of
saving Pacifica Radio.  Specifically, we are bringing the Legistature up to
date on Pacifca's mismanagement of financial affairs (money donated by
listeners) and brutish handling of staff and volunteers.  We think there
should be further oversight on Pacifica finances, especially how money from
the subscribers has been used.  This effort will be made more effective if
representatives from the Valley receive phone calls from constituents in the
next couple of days.  Please call Assembly Member Sarah Reyes at (916)
319-2031, State Senator Jim Costa at (916) 445-4641, and Lt. Governor Cruz
Bustamante at (916) 445-8994.    If some of youcan take a few minutes for
this important task, it would be most helpful.Sorry for the short notice on
this, but anything you can do will be great.  The station you save could be
your own.
Thanks very much.

Vic

Vic Bedoian