[KFCF Friends] KFCF Notes

subs-admin@kfcf.org subs-admin@kfcf.org
Tue Dec 11 11:48:01 2001

Happy Holidays to all. It's a busy time of year and the KFCF staff has been
busy and we've not been as good as we should at keeping everyone informed of
what's up, but here are a few notes from the KFCF offices.
we raised over $800 for KFCF! We heard a lot of great ideas, and look
forward to the next chance we get to meet our mountain friends!
-----------------------
KPFA Marathon
A new pledge drive begins today. We weren't sure this was going to happen,
so we did our own last month. KPFA assures us that any pledges made during
this drive will come to us and not Pacifica, as KPFA has set up a separate
account that Pacifica cannot access. We actually got a check today from
Pacifica paying for September payments, so it appears that Pacifica is
slowly trying to pay their bills.
----------------
Last Month's Marathon.
It was new to the KFCF staff to have to do our own marathon. All the
plugging, answering phones, staffing, etc has somewhat overwhelmed us, and
we've learned a lot from the experience. Anyone who paid by Credit Card
should have been charged and be receiving their premiums very soon. Anyone
we are having to bill, we're installing new software and entering all the
data to do this. The bills should go out this week. Please be patient with
us as we figure out how to do this.
--------------
Upcoming Events
The FFCF Speakers Series will host Dr. Maskaleris, who will discuss Greek
culture.  It will be held the evening of January 18th at the Downtown Club.
David Gans from KPFA's "Dead to the World" will be at Club Fred on a Sunday
afternoon in January. We should be announcing the date in the next few days.
-----------------
KFCF Office Studio
    Plans for the KFCF Office Studio are moving forward. At the end of last
month our transmitter landlord, Wally Huesser, generously donated a full set
of broadcast studio furniture to KFCF. It's in good shape, and would have
cost us many thousands of dollars to purchase. So with the addition of this
furniture to the two professional reel to reel machines donated by Fantasy
Film Studios and the Broadcast console donated by Rand Stover, we have had
over $10,000 worth of materials donated for the project.

Happy Holidays to All
Rych Withers
President
Fresno Free College Foundation/KFCF

Programming changes:
NEW SHOW
The Radio Chronicles (documentaries, audio diaries) Fridays 2:00 - 3:00pm

Free Speech Radio News is on at 3pm, and Making Contact is not being aired
for the moment.