[KFCF Friends] KFCF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS

subs-admin@kfcf.org subs-admin@kfcf.org
Wed Aug 8 16:31:00 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C12062.447DE630

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 8, 2001  4:00 PM
TECHNICAL PROBLEM ALERT!!!!

KFCF's transmitter has developed a thermal problem and is overheating,
shutting down for about two minutes, coming back on for about two minutes,
cycling off for two minutes and then returning to the air for 15 to 30
minutes. This transmitter has developed this problem before, and Rand Stover
and myself will be going to the transmitter site this evening and replacing
one of the two amplifier modules. (Hopefully we'll be able to figure out
which one is doing it.)  We apologize for the problem, and the inconvenience
for our listeners.  If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at
rychw@mediaone.net .

PS: This is not happening due to right wing wackos, UFO's, the Pacifica
National Board or any such thing, as some callers to the station have
suggested. It is a problem this amplifier has had before, and back it goes
to the factory again.

Rych Withers
KFCF-FM

------_=_NextPart_001_01C12062.447DE630

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>KFCF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><U><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">WEDNESDAY =
AUGUST 8, 2001&nbsp; 4:00 PM</FONT></B></U>
<BR><U><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">TECHNICAL =
PROBLEM ALERT!!!!</FONT></B></U><B></B>
</P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">KFCF's transmitter has =
developed a thermal problem and is overheating, shutting down for about =
two minutes, coming back on for about two minutes, cycling off for two =
minutes and then returning to the air for 15 to 30 minutes. This =
transmitter has developed this problem before, and Rand Stover and =
myself will be going to the transmitter site this evening and replacing =
one of the two amplifier modules. (Hopefully we'll be able to figure =
out which one is doing it.)&nbsp; We apologize for the problem, and the =
inconvenience for our listeners.&nbsp; If you have any questions feel =
free to e-mail me at rychw@mediaone.net .</FONT></B></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">PS: This is not happening =
due to right wing wackos, UFO's, the Pacifica National Board or any =
such thing, as some callers to the station have suggested. It is a =
problem this amplifier has had before, and back it goes to the factory =
again.</FONT></B></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">Rych Withers</FONT></B>
<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">KFCF-FM</FONT></B>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C12062.447DE630--